Are You Making Critical Estate Planning Mistakes?
Get Informed, Get Valuable Personal Advice, and Get a Nice Dinner Out On Me!
Few decisions are more important than estate planning decisions. The right estate plan can help your family keep the peace, reduce taxes and easily transfer assets without court supervision.
My name is Brent Ripley. I'm a Utah lawyer and investment advisor. I practice estate planning law and give investment advice as a fiduciary advisor, and I want to help you make good decisions with your estate plan and investments.
Come meet with me and I'll pay for your dinner at one of the following five restaurants: OLIVE GARDEN, RUBY RIVER STEAKHOUSE, MIMI'S CAFE, RED LOBSTER OR SIZZLER. This is like one of those dinner seminars you keep getting invited to, but this meeting is specific to you and your family's needs!
Having an advisor who understands both your investments and the nuts and bolts of your estate plan is a very valuable thing! Believe me that there are plenty of investment people who don't know a trust from a will, and plenty of lawyers who don't understand how money and the markets work.
This FREE meeting is a wonderful opportunity for you to learn how to avoid major mistakes with your estate plan. Mistakes such as:
- Naming the right beneficiaries the wrong way on your retirement plan;
- Not considering the effects of taxes on your IRA when your children inherit it, and ignoring the techniques that can keep it mostly tax free for decades;
- Using a will when you should be using a trust, and vice versa;
- Not funding your trust with your assets;
- Relying on old and outdated documents;
- Using bare assets to pay taxes instead of leveraging those assets and reducing your tax expense;
- Not adequately protect your spouse's rights to your savings if he or she outlives you;
- Ignoring the use of different types of trusts to reduce or eliminate income, capital gains and estate tax on real estate, retirement plans, and highly appreciated stock holdings!
Unfortunately, if you aren't using an attorney whose practice focuses completely on estate planning and asset management, you are probably ignoring important issues that a more generalist lawyer will miss. Learn to avoid misinformation and misleading sales pitches, and get a free night out on me!
In addition to the free advice I'm giving you at this meeting, I'll also be giving you $50 towards one or more meals at any one of five restaurants: OLIVE GARDEN, RUBY RIVER STEAKHOUSE, MIMI'S CAFE, RED LOBSTER OR SIZZLER! This is a free gift certificate that you can do whatever you want with - go out and eat or wrap it up and give it as a gift. It's up to you.
STOP! There are a few conditions before I give you your $50 restaurant gift card:
- You must be between the ages of 55 and 80
- You must be either actively considering retirement or already retired
- You and your spouse must attend the appointment together
- You must be pleasant and friendly people.
- That's all. There are no other conditions.
To reserve your free appointment and $50 restaurant gift card, please submit the following information:
Your Gift Certificate is good for one of the following five restaurants: Olive Garden, Ruby River Steakhouse, Mimi's Cafe, Red Lobster or Sizzler.
Still Not Sure a Meeting with Me is Right for You?
I've been an estate planning lawyer and investment advisor for over 20 years, most of it in Utah. I have seen hundreds of people just like you plan for and execute their retirement decisions and estate plans. My experience helps me see the things you don't see, and consider issues you haven't thought about.
Let me tell you what this meeting with me is about, and how it can help you.
First, I don't have a presentation prepared for you. You are in charge of our time together. We will talk about whatever you want to talk about. It's a time to ask me questions about whatever is most pressing for you. Common questions I get are
- Which is best for my family, a Will or a Trust? Why?
- How can I protect my spouse's rights to my accounts after I pass away?
- How can I make sure we don't run out of money in retirement?
- How much can I expect to make each year from my investments?
- Should I take social security income now or should I wait?
- How do I protect my investment from big losses?
- How do I make changes to my estate plan?
- Should I convert my retirement savings to Roth IRAs?
- Are all my assets properly titled to my Trust?
- What if I don't need to withdraw money from my retirement accounts?
- How can my family reduce the tax they will pay on my retirement savings when I pass away?
I will answer any questions you have to the best of my ability. Most people who come see me bring their investment statements, last year's tax returns, retirement plan statements and estate planning documents. This gives me a fuller understanding of your situation and allows me to give you real answers, not just hypothetical ones. But that's up to you. Just be aware that I don't like to shoot from the hip, and if I don't have enough information, I probably won't have very complete answers.
Of course, if you just want a general understanding of how rollovers and estate planning works, I am happy to explain it to you. Whatever we talk about, when we're done you can go on your way and have a great meal.
A meeting with me doesn't cost you anything, and can save you many thousands of dollars. Why not come in?
Are You Still Thinking About It?
You can learn more about me here. It's ok if you want to talk to me first. Call me at (801) 377-9787. I'll answer your questions over the phone.