What You Need To Know BEFORE You Begin Using Your 401(k)!
Get Informed, Get Valuable Personal Advice, and Get a Nice Dinner Out On Me!
The decisions you face regarding your retirement plan are some of the most important of your life. You're working with what may be your financial largest asset.
These complex decisions will mean the difference between a comfortable retirement, or maybe going back to work. You may have heard about IRA rollovers, direct transfers, 72T Distributions etc., but do you know which is best for you and how to really protect your savings?
My name is Brent Ripley. I'm a Utah lawyer and investment advisor. I want to help you make good decisions about your retirement.
Come meet with me and I'll pay for your dinner at one of the following five restaurants: OLIVE GARDEN, RUBY RIVER STEAKHOUSE, MIMI'S CAFE, RED LOBSTER OR SIZZLER. This is like one of those dinner seminars you keep getting invited to, but this meeting is specific to you and your family's needs!
I'm an attorney and fiduciary-level investment advisor who is legally and ethically obligated to put your interests first. Many other advisors don't have this obligation, and are only interested in short term commissions, not long term relationships. You're probably going to only make these important retirement decisions once in your life. Be sure to get them right!
This FREE meeting is a wonderful opportunity for you to get free personal advice about how to:
- Eliminate or significantly reduce taxes on your retirement plan distribution;
- Make sure you will never run out of money;
- Avoid common and costly mistakes that can increase taxes and cause tax penalties. (For example, just checking the wrong box on your rollover form could result in paying tax on an unnecessary 20% withholding);
- Understand how new tax laws affect your estate and retirement plans;
- Reduce or even eliminate taxes on Social Security income;
- Drastically reduce the income tax your heirs could pay when they inherit your retirement savings;
- Use your retirement savings to protect yourselves and to serve others inside and outside of your family;
- Protect your spouse's rights and make sure he or she doesn't get stuck paying unneeded taxes on your retirement savings;
- Use different types of trusts to reduce or eliminate income, capital gains and estate tax on real estate, retirement plans, and highly appreciated stock holdings!
Unfortunately, if you are nearing retirement and not counseled properly with respect to your retirement distribution, you could pay too much in unnecessary taxes and even IRS penalties. Learn to avoid misinformation and misleading sales pitches, and get a free night out on me!
In addition to the free advice I'm giving you at this meeting, I'll also be giving you $50 towards one or more meals at any one of five restaurants: OLIVE GARDEN, RUBY RIVER STEAKHOUSE, MIMI'S CAFE, RED LOBSTER OR SIZZLER! This is a free gift certificate that you can do whatever you want with - go out and eat or wrap it up and give it as a gift. It's up to you.
STOP! There are a few conditions before I give you your $50 restaurant gift card:
- You must be between the ages of 55 and 80
- You must be either actively considering retirement or already retired
- You and your spouse must attend the appointment together
- You must be pleasant and friendly people.
- That's all. There are no other conditions.
To reserve your free appointment and $50 restaurant gift card, please submit the following information:
Your Gift Certificate is good for one of the following five restaurants: Olive Garden, Ruby River Steakhouse, Mimi's Cafe, Red Lobster or Sizzler.
Still Not Sure a Meeting with Me is Right for You?
I've been an estate planning lawyer and investment advisor for over 20 years, most of it in Utah. I have seen hundreds of people just like you plan for and execute their retirement decisions and estate plans. My experience helps me see the things you don't see, and consider issues you haven't thought about.
Let me tell you what this meeting with me is about, and how it can help you.
First, I don't have a presentation prepared for you. You are in charge of our time together. We will talk about whatever you want to talk about. It's a time to ask me questions about whatever is most pressing for you. Common questions I get are
- Should I keep retirement savings in my 401(k) or should I roll it into an IRA?
- What would be the tax consequences of rolling over my 401(k) to an IRA?
- What new taxes will I have to pay?
- How can I make sure we don't run out of money in retirement?
- How much can I expect to make each year from my investments?
- Should I take social security income now or should I wait?
- How do I protect my investment from big losses?
- How do I make changes to my estate plan?
- Should I convert my retirement savings to Roth IRAs?
- Which is best for my family, a Will or a Trust?
- Can I expect to live off the interest of my savings?
- What if I don't need to withdraw money from my retirement accounts?
- How can my family reduce the tax they will pay on my retirement savings when I pass away?
I will answer any questions you have to the best of my ability. Most people who come see me bring their investment statements, last year's tax returns, retirement plan statements and estate planning documents. This gives me a fuller understanding of your situation and allows me to give you real answers, not just hypothetical ones. But that's up to you. Just be aware that I don't like to shoot from the hip, and if I don't have enough information, I probably won't have very complete answers.
Of course, if you just want a general understanding of how rollovers and estate planning works, I am happy to explain it to you. Whatever we talk about, when we're done you can go on your way and have a great meal.
A meeting with me doesn't cost you anything, and can save you many thousands of dollars. Why not come in?
Are You Still Thinking About It?
You can learn more about me here. It's ok if you want to talk to me first. Call me at (801) 377-9787. I'll answer your questions over the phone.